Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Fun Easter Crafts


Today will probably wrap up my Easter themed posts. Unless I think of some other nifty thing that I just have to tell you guys about!

For my mommy meet-up, I wanted to have a few fun toddler friendly crafts for the kids, so I came up with a few cute ideas. It is always hard to find crafts that little ones can do, but I think that these work nicely. The first is a fruit loop bracelet. Nothing novel or new, but Madeline loves stringing beads, so I thought the kids would love making their own edible bracelets. I used a pipe cleaner (it is stiff and holds its shape which makes it easy for the kids to hold while putting the fruit loops on) and yummy colorful fruit loops. Just make sure to make a loop on the end so the cereal doesn't fall off.

IMG_2692 
Madeline braceletMadeline bracelet 2
Next I cut out egg shapes from pastel foam sheets for the kids to decorate and make their own "Easter eggs" with stickers and markers. Madeline LOVES stickers right now, so I thought this would be fun for them and a lot less messy than dying eggs.


easter egg crafts
Last I thought about creating bunny masks for the kids to wear and letting them color them themselves, but I know most kids don't like to wear anything, let alone a mask over their face. My idea then was to use large popsicle sticks, white pipe cleaners, and pink fluffy pom poms to create a bunny nose and whiskers. I think I liked this craft the best of all, it was quick and easy to do, and super cute when the kids held up them up to their faces.
IMG_2702 IMG_2699

What fun Easter crafts have you come up with that are toddler friendly. There are still a few more days until Easter, and I would love to try out some other fun things.

5 comments on "Fun Easter Crafts"

Maureen Wagner on February 24, 2013 at 10:05 PM said...

Love the bunny nose - so easy and so cute.
Thanks

Anonymous said...

just the thing for little hands

Joann Sibero on March 6, 2013 at 10:47 PM said...

Adorable bunny noses, love that idea! Did the kids glue the pipe cleaners and pink pom poms on? Or was that done with hot glue? Thanks for your post, as I'm looking for cute ideas for a Easter classroom crafts for 3 year olds :)

Kara on March 6, 2013 at 10:57 PM said...

The pipe cleaners were just twisted around the stick, and the noses glued on with white glue and left to dry.

Anonymous said...

I love your idea of the bunny nose & whiskers! I am always searching for different little crafts to do with my daycare kids, and this is perfect! Thanks for all your hard work!

Post a Comment

About Me

I am a handbag and accessory designer and mom to a wonderful baby girl.

Followers

 

Ramblings of a Handbag Designer Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez